Kjapp og trygg hosting for Wordpress

Hosting for a .no Shop?

Antony Hayes

Hi,

I've recently purchased a .no domain which I'll be using as a shop - drop shipping at first and then later on if it builds capital I'll get my own inventory of successful products.

I wanted to ask if there is a popular host company in Norway, or one that you know allows .no domains? I used to use Hostmonster and currently park my domains at GoDaddy but their support is offline at the moment for me to get a quick answer.

Thanks,
Antony

Stoppet

Banned
proisp.no

Antony Hayes

Thanks for the responses. I do have a client that will allow me to use his VPS which is highly advanced so won't have any issues with traffic or speed. I do like Cpanel for ease of use but it's not a big issue. I already have the domain with Domeneshop so perhaps I can stay there. I had a look at the prices and 60kr a month isn't bad. Have you guys had any issues with downtime, slow loading speeds or emails marked as spam? I assume they use shared hosting which can be problematic.

Antony Hayes

True, thanks. I'm actually considering Shopify, but wonder what you guys use here? I'll probably look at using Klarna as the payment processor, but curious if Shopify is available in Norwegian. It would be best if it was in both Norwegian and English. Wrong section, but figure I'd ask.

Selvfiks

Medlem
Well you can also use Woocommerce and Magento wich is free to use and has plugins for Klarna. So the most expense you would have is Klarna, while Woocommerce and Magento is free all the way.

I would advice you to use Woocommerce if you are planning to have other things on the store than only products.

This is not the best example. But here is my store built on Woocommerce: www.selvfiks.net/butikk

It is no problem to make it work in both norwegian and english. But the you should have two versions of terms of agreement.

Antony Hayes

Thanks for the tip. I have worked with WooCommerce which can be a little heavy on the coding and difficult to alter. I haven't tried Shopify which is why I'm curious. Though perhaps you're limited with styling with Shopify unlike when you use Wordpress as the CMS.

I could use Paypal for the processor but I think many consumers may be more comfortable with Klarna as it's more familiar. I could be wrong about that. I'm also currently using Tripletex which sucks, and think Visma might be smarter for making the accounting process easier. Lots to figure out!

Thanks for the advice anyway, and for the tips - I'll also look at proisp.no.

Selvfiks

Medlem
You have also Virtuemart on Joomla which is good too but a little more difficult.

When it comes to accounting. Fiken is very easy to use and cheap compared to the others you mentioned. But it is up to you. I considered both Tripletex and Visma, but I landed on Fiken as the best sollution for my company Gartit Creative: www.gartitcreative.no

Anyway good luck on your choice :)

Tonny Kluften

Administrator

Antony Hayes

Thanks for those. Bambora look decent Tonny, I'll contact them for more information. I'm still weighing the pros and cons of drop shipping compared to ordering items in bulk. Obviously the former is cheaper, but customers don't like waiting a month for items and quality control is more difficult.

Topp